Weight loss is a constant pursuit for many people. It is not uncommon if you have already tried all sorts of methods, from extreme diets to strenuous workouts.
But, have you considered yoga to lose weight?
This is a viable and very effective option. If you’re on a slimming process, the yoga can be one of your best allies, easy and effective.
The best thing is that it is easy to do, even if you do not do much exercise these days, or you are very overweight.
Although many people only associate yoga with meditation or to improve mental health, its benefits go much further.
Take note of the best yoga poses to lose weight and start practicing them today. You will see how beneficial it will be to you.
6 Exceptional Yoga to Lose Weight
The first of the weight loss yoga poses will help you to reaffirm and define your abs.
To do it take note of the following steps:
- Stand with your feet together.
- Place your left foot over your right knee to make a sort of angle.
- Place the palms of the hands together on the chest and breathe twice.
- For the third inhalation, raise your arms keeping your hands together.
- Exhale as you bend your torso to the left.
- Inhale again and stretch.
Repeat the process with each foot and three to five times, depending on your preference.
The next weight-loss yoga posture is ideal for lowering the abdomen and hip.
- Stand with your feet together and your arms on either side of your body.
- Inhale and raise your arms to the sides of the head.
- Exhale and bend your body forward.
- Inhale and, at the moment of exhaling, pass the right leg backward by means of a thrust.
- The leg should be extended and the left should be flexed.
- Inhale and raise your arms; Exhale and then return to the original position.
Repeat posture with each foot five times daily.
For this position requires a lot of energy and effort. This means it will help you burn calories and keep your metabolism running fast for the rest of the day.
In addition, it will also strengthen the muscles of the back and chest.
- Start by lying down on your stomach, with your hands on your sides and your palms up.
- Bend your knees and try to take your ankles with your hands.
- Be sure to keep distance between your feet and your hip.
- Hold the position for about thirty seconds and repeat three times.
a fourth of the yoga poses to lose weight will help to massage the thyroid gland. This will promote the release of hormones that control metabolism.
- Begin the position by placing you lying on your back, with your legs bent and your feet apart at your hip.
- It raises the hip but without separating, not even a little, and keeping it parallel to the ground.
- Place your arms underneath you and try to entwine your hands.
- Hold the position for one minute, lower and repeat twice more.
This yoga position to lose weight improves the blood circulation to the thyroid, pituitary, and adrenal gland.
By practicing it, you will release more endorphins and hormones that regulate your metabolism.
- Lie on your back and with your legs stretched out to the ceiling while your arms are glued to your body and your palms facing down.
- With your hands, lift your hip.
- Bring your legs back and try to touch the floor.
- When you do, put your hands together, as in the bridge position.
The last of the yoga poses to lose weight will help you to reaffirm your arms, shoulders, abs, and back.
- Start by stretching your legs.
- Extended and supported on the toes, until the palms are supported, the arms flexed and the abdominals tightened.
- Hold the position for a few seconds and go down.
- Repeat three times, at least.
Take Advantage of Yoga to Lose Weight
Practicing yoga or establishing a routine for a certain time helps your body perform much better.
You will find that this practice provides the amount of oxygen needed for the body’s cells to function properly.
The effect of yoga will also be seen in:
- Decreased anxiety.
- The increase of physical energy.
- Greater control of emotions.
- The decrease in binge eating and cravings for unhealthy products.
Yoga positions to lose weight will not only help you to achieve this goal but also increase your metabolism.
It will also improve your elasticity, balance and will also allow you to relax and better manage the existing stress.
Best of all is that they are simple exercises to perform, for which you will only need enough disposition, comfortable clothes and a few minutes to perform each one.
This way you will get the best results and you will be able to look a body in shape.