To prevent the formation of stones, it is very important to drink 8 glasses of water daily and limit the consumption of protein, sodium, and sugar.
The stones in the kidney (as they are popularly known) are really very painful and do not have a special moment to “appear”. Made up of mineral and acid salts that accumulate in the urinary system when it is not possible to properly process the toxins, kidney stones can be eliminated thanks to various home remedies and diuretic herbs.
Some facts about kidney stones
Another reason why stones can form in the kidneys is when the urine is too concentrated. Then, the minerals that form it crystallize and as a consequence, they create a “stone”. This process generates a lot of pain especially when they are expelled through the urinary tract.
According to studies, men suffer more from kidney stones than women, especially in their 20s and 40s. There is a great relationship between these patients and those suffering from gout disease. While the best method of preventing kidney stones is to drink 8 glasses of water per day, in many cases there is a tendency to suffer from them and additional treatments are needed.
To prevent them from occurring, it is preferable to space the consumption of chocolate, coffee, soda cola, beetroot, walnut, spinach, strawberry, tea, and bran, as they contain an element that could help the formation of stones. In turn, not carrying a diet with lots of protein, sodium, and sugar will help reverse the situation.
Drinking these plants in the form of tea or infusion, it is possible to accelerate the processes of the urinary apparatus, avoiding that the calculations are developed or if you suffer from them, eliminate them by urine. The most used are:
- Parsley: it allows the expulsion of that sand that generates the pain, is one of the best diuretics that exists because it increases the urination. The ratio is one teaspoon of dried parsley in a cup of boiling water. Drink several times a day.
- Nettle: it increases the amount of urine and helps to avoid the formation of stones or to expel them when they are of small size.
- Dandelion: stimulating the production of urine par excellence, is very good in turn to avoid fluid retention or dropsy. It is also recommended to cleanse the blood, such as being in cases of cholesterol, diabetes or hypertension. Drink 3 cups a day of an infusion that is done with the dry leaves of the plant.
- Verbena: In order to take advantage of its benefits, it is advisable to consume 2 to 3 cups per day of an infusion prepared with a teaspoon of dried verbena per cup of water, which is left to stand for about ten minutes and sweetened with honey.
Home Remedies to Dissolve Kidney Stones
These homemade treatments are very effective and in turn, simple to prepare because they are made with ingredients that we have in the kitchen or that are acquired in the diet. Some of them are:
- Drink when the first symptoms of pain appear a glass of freshly squeezed lemon juice mixed with an egg. As far as possible it is consumed on an empty stomach.
- Drink an infusion made with avocado leaves and lots of apple juice squeezed in the moment.
- Consume algae focus every day (can be in meals or as pills).
- Mix half a liter of hot milk with the same amount of wine. Remove the cream and add a handful of chamomile flowers. Take to the fire until it dissolves and drinks one cup per day, mainly when the colic begins.
- Boil fresh ginger in a quart of water for about ten minutes. Soak in a cloth and apply topically to the area of the kidneys (the lower back) or where the pain is felt.
- Cut three radishes into slices, place in a cup with water and add a tablespoon of sugar. Leave for 12 hours and strain (a syrup is obtained). Drink two tablespoons until the stones are expelled.
- Boil for 5 minutes a handful of watermelon seeds with water. Allow to cool and drink one cup per day to eliminate kidney stones naturally.