Dry hair is perhaps one of the most uncomfortable types. Its characteristics are not very pleasing due to how it can be put, depending on the climatic conditions.
This one is distinguished by the little wetting it has. This lack influences negatively, not only on its aesthetic aspect but on its health and well-being.
This type of hair is usually recognized thanks to the following aspects:
- Thick and difficult to control.
- Frizz or excessive frizz.
- Open tips or forks.
- Very rough.
- Fragile by nature.
Despite the factors already mentioned, not all people with this type of hair do not suffer in the same way.
That is, these characteristics may vary depending on each individual and some conditions, both internal and external.
Factors affecting dry hair
First, and based on the above, we will mention the internal factors. These, of course, originate within each organism and can influence hair decay.
Internal factors refer to the physiological and medical deficiencies of the person. These are the most relevant:
- Iron deficiency.
- Hormonal instability.
- Calcium problems.
For its part, the external factor is a little more complex to control, especially if we take into account the medical processes to which someone with the aforementioned physiological deficiencies can undergo.
On this occasion, the most influential in dry hair are the following:
- Highly contaminated air.
- Ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun.
- Cigarette smoke or other elements.
- The action of free radicals.
Can the condition of dry hair be improved?
Luckily, there are many alternatives to improve the condition of dry hair. Thus, it is not necessary to resort to those filled with excessive chemicals, which, in the long run, hurt more than normal.
Based on the above, we are going to present a series of natural products perfect for this type of mine.
Despite being distinguished by its use in gastronomy, mayonnaise is very useful when dry hair is treated.
It contributes to the treatment of rough and opaque mane and helps to revitalize it.
- 1 cup mayonnaise (235 g)
- With damp hair, we must apply the mayonnaise on the whole capillary surface, with the help of circular massages.
- Afterward, we will cover the hair with a plastic cap and let it act for an hour.
- After the indicated time, rinse with warm water and wash with shampoo.
Also known as avocado, avocado is one of the healthiest natural products in the world.
Its recognition is undoubtedly due to the infinite benefits offered, both in the gastronomic part and in the cosmetic factor.
Avocado is rich in vitamins A and E, in addition to saturated fats. Therefore, it can become a great ally to combat dry hair.
- 1 avocado (preferably ripe)
- 2 tablespoons jojoba oil (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ oil (15 g)
- First, we will peel and mash the avocado. We can reserve the seed for other purposes.
- Put the crushed pulp in a bowl, add the oils and mix well.
- Once a dough-free paste is obtained, proceed to apply it to the hair.
- This must be previously washed for best results.
- Once applied, we will allow it to act for at least 30 minutes.
- After the indicated time, wash with plenty of warm water.
Talking about proper home health products and leaving the honey out would be a serious mistake.
Despite its vicious and uncomfortable texture, it helps retain moisture in the mane, while providing softness and nourishment.
- ½ cup honey (167 g)
- First, that necessary to moisten all hair.
- Apply the honey and massage the entire surface for a more effective penetration.
- We will let it act for about 30 minutes.
- After the indicated time, we will rinse with abundant warm water to eliminate all the residues of this one on the hair.