Genital warts are a highly contagious s@xually transmitted disease caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV) and can be acquired by the anal, oral or vaginal route. Warts appear around the private or genital parts of the man or the woman. They are also known as venereal warts or condylomata acuminate. They are usually found in the areas around the penis, anus, scrotum, vagina or vulva. People who are between the ages of 17 and 33 are more likely to get this disease. Genital warts cause itching, burning sensation, and irritation, especially during s@xual intercourse.
In some cases, genital warts are difficult to diagnose as they hardly cause pain and are extremely small. Therefore, it is a s@xually transmitted disease of substantial concern. Genital warts are very contagious.
- 1 Symptoms of Genital Warts
- 2 Causes of Genital Warts
- 3 Home Remedies for Genital Warts
- 4 Homeopathic treatment for genital warts
- 5 Precautionary measures
- 6 Quick Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Symptoms of Genital Warts
There are certain symptoms and signs that you can observe to determine if a person has genital warts or not and how severe they are.
- The growth of blisters without pain or lump on the skin and mucous membrane in the genital area.
- They can be of varied sizes, small or large and be individually or group.
- Warts can cause itching, itching and in some cases, secretion may be seen.
- Genital warts cause almost no bleeding or difficulty urinating, but they can occur when they grow in the opening of the urethra, which causes a burning sensation.
- Warts are sometimes so small that they can be hidden with genital hair or internal genital areas such as the cervix. A thorough internal check up is advised in these cases to avoid further infection.
- Warts on women can cause bleeding after having s@x. However, this will depend on your location.
- Genital warts can also be the result of previously acquired s@xually transmitted diseases.
- Several other unusual warning signs of genital warts are itching of the scrotum and penis, vaginal discharge, vaginal bleeding and extreme moisture in the genital areas.
- They may spread to the tongue, lips, and throat.
Causes of Genital Warts
The main causes of genital warts are:
- Human papillomavirus or HPV.
- S@xual intercourse with an infected person.
- Repeated use of birth control pills.
- Having s@x at an early age.
- S@xual contact without protection.
- Use of HPV-infected objects such as blankets or towels.
Home Remedies for Genital Warts
There are several natural and home remedies that can help you heal genital warts. Homeopathic treatment is also available to treat this s@xually transmitted disease.
- Tea tree oil. Treatment of genital warts can be done by simply applying tea tree oil to a cotton ball over warts. Perform this procedure once a day for ten days. The wart will gradually become white and will fall off. Note: The application of tea tree oil will cause a small rough feeling but is normal.
- Vitamin C. Some warts can also be treated with vitamin C. Take a tablet of vitamin C, apply it and mix it with a few drops of water. Then apply directly on genital warts. You should cover warts with a bandage for a day. This process will destroy the papilloma virus which is the main cause of genital warts.
- Apple vinegar. Apple cider vinegar is an effective method to eliminate genital warts. The direct application of apple cider vinegar helps eliminate dead and dry cells. For more effective results, soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and hold it against warts. Cover with a tape and remove it after a few hours. Repeat this remedy every day until warts fall off.
- Due to its antiviral properties, garlic is considered as a viable treatment for genital warts. The treatment regimen of garlic may include raw garlic or garlic in the capsule. Crush the raw garlic, apply it on the affected part and wrap it with a bandage for a day or two. You can also consume the garlic in capsule form. This is a natural treatment that will allow you to get rid of genital warts.
- Onion. Place sliced onions on genital warts and cover with a bandage or gauze. The onion reinforces the flow of blood in the body. You can also use onion juice. In this case, sprinkle a little salt on the slices of onion and let them stand all night. The next morning, extract the juice and apply it on genital warts. The onion functions as an anti-microbial agent and the salt work as an antiseptic.
- Vitamin E oil or castor oil. Vitamin E oil or castor oil can also be applied on genital warts to get rid of the infection caused by HPV. For best results, rub the affected part of the genitals with vitamin E oil and then cover with chopped garlic.
- Bath with oats. A bath with oats is an effective method to relieve the discomfort and itching caused by genital warts. Soak oatmeal in a bucket of hot water and bathe with this water. This is one of the most effective natural treatments for curing genital warts at home.
- Milkweed. The creamy liquid of the milkweed plant is supposed to be a useful and harmless cure for treating genital warts at home. Milk sap can be extracted by cutting the stem of the plant. The sap is applied directly to genital warts, which reduces the growth of the pathogen which in turn allows the healing process of the affected parts of the genitals can be performed.
- Licorice root. The licorice root is ground and applied over genital warts in the infected area. This is a natural and very popular treatment that is used to eliminate genital warts.
- Willow bark. Willow bark is considered an effective natural remedy for the elimination of genital warts. The inner part of the willow bark is humidified to reach the required level of elasticity. Then, apply to genital warts by holding it with a bandage or gauze.
- Thuja. Thuja has potential therapeutic values and healing properties that can be used to cure genital warts. Direct application of Thuja oil on the affected part of the genitals provides great relief.
- Scotch tape. This treatment is a natural home remedy that you can use to get rid of genital warts. Cover with a piece of tape genital warts and remove it after six days. Repeat this procedure until the genital wart disappears completely.
- Alcohol. Rubbing alcohol is also an effective natural remedy for curing genital warts. However, it takes almost a week or a month for warts to heal as it depends to a large extent on the size they have.
- Transparent nail polish. Apply clear nail polish in the morning and before bedtime on warts. Warts will fall off in a week or two.
- Sodium bicarbonate. Take a spoonful of castor oil, add baking soda and make a thick paste. Apply this paste over the affected area and cover with a bandage.
- Aloe vera juice. Apply aloe vera juice directly on genital warts regularly. This remedy will dissolve warts naturally.
Homeopathic treatment for genital warts
There are some homeopathic treatments that you can also use to treat genital warts. There are several well-proven medicines that can be consumed after properly knowing the underlying causes, modalities, etc. of the affected area. Some of the medications that are useful for the treatment of genital warts are Causticum, Antim Crud, Kali Mur, Magnesium Sulfate, Nitric Acid, Sabina and Nat. Carb. Compound W is a type of salicylic acid which is also a good remedy. You can apply Compound W directly to HPV warts.
As genital warts are contagious, care must be taken to avoid this disease. Some of the measures are as follows:
- Avoid s@xual intercourse with multiple partners.
- Use condoms for s@x.
- Keep the genital area clean and dry.
- Use cotton to avoid excessive sweating and increased airflow in the genital region.
- Do not touch or squeeze warts.
These are some of the most effective remedies for genital warts that you can use from the comfort of your home.
Quick Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Home Treatment for Genital Warts in Men
- Apple cider vinegar: Acetate cider apple cider vinegar is corrosive and its antiviral property makes it an effective home treatment for genital warts in men.
- Vaseline: Apply petroleum jelly daily on the skin, around the genital wart to protect the affected skin.
- Cider vinegar: moisten a cotton with apple cider vinegar and apply to the affected area, leave it in place all day. Drinking cider vinegar diluted in water is also very beneficial for genital warts. Add two tablespoons of cider vinegar to a glass of water and drink daily.
Home Treatment for Genital Warts in Women
- Adhesive tape: a procedure that has been very effective in eliminating genital warts in women, is to place masking tape on the wart and hold it for about 5 days. The tape is then removed and the area is cleaned. This procedure should be done for several continuous days until the wart disappears.
- Sodium bicarbonate and castor oil: make a mixture of both until you get a hard paste, place a little on the wart, let it act for 3 hours and repeat the procedure several days until the wart takes off.
- Castor oil: Soak a cottonseed of castor oil and adiérelo above the area where the wart is. Proceeds to replace the cotton several times a day.
Genital warts. The most effective home remedy
Garlic. Due to its antiviral properties, garlic is considered the most effective home remedy for treating genital warts. The treatment regimen of garlic may include raw garlic or garlic in the form of capsules. The procedure is the next:
Grind some heads of raw garlic, then lie down and apply it to the affected part; Put a bandage to cover the area so that it is always there, leave it current for a day or two and repeat the procedure until the wart yields. Another effective way is to consume the garlic in encapsulated form, for as long as necessary. This is a very effective natural treatment to get rid of genital warts.