A toothache is a really annoying condition since the pain is usually very sharp and intense. Whether it is an infection, tooth decay or gum problems, toothache makes us seek an immediate solution to the pain until we can go to the dentist. In Other Medicine, we recommend some home remedies for toothache relief.
Clove has long been used as a natural painkiller for dental pain. It has antibacterial and analgesic properties to combat pain. It is even used as one of the components of anesthesia used by dentists.
- You can apply diluted clove essential oil in a little almond oil or olive oil over the sore area.
- Another option is to apply one or two cloves to the affected part to relieve the pain.
- You can make an infusion of clove, soak a cotton in it and apply it to the sore area.
- Apply color nail oil with a little pepper powder for a very effective pain treatment.
Garlic and oregano
- Apply oregano or garlic oil with a cotton in the affected area. This is one of the most commonly used remedies for dental pain relief in pregnancy.
- Put a little salt on a clove of garlic and place it in the sore area of the mouth. In addition, chewing a clove of garlic is also a natural remedy for dental pain. Alternatively, you can apply this same method with an onion.
Other herbal natural remedies for dental pain:
- Mix some asafoetida powder with lime juice, warm and apply that paste with cotton or swab on the affected tooth for immediate relief of pain.
- Application of pure vanilla extract, almond extract or mint extract will temporarily reduce the pain.
- A mouthwash of tea tree oil diluted in water is a very effective remedy to relieve dental pain.
- Grinding banana leaves and mixing them with salt and applying them to the affected area is another effective remedy.
- Alcoholic beverages such as whiskey or brandy can be used to relieve dental pain. In such case, apply a cotton swab soaked in the affected area. Alcohol will have an anesthetic effect. This remedy should not be used during pregnancy.
- One of the oldest remedies to combat dental pain is to rinse the mouth with a saline solution. To do this, mix a teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water and swish with it.
- Apply 3 to 4 drops of mustard oil along with a pinch of turmeric powder for dental pain.
- Wheatgrass juice is beneficial for dental pain caused by cavities or inflammation of the gums.
- Relief for a toothache can be achieved by applying cold in the area with ice cubes.