How to Make Olive Leaves Tea to Lose Weight.Olive or Olive is a perennial tree belonging to the family of Oleaceae and is currently cultivated in different regions with dry climates in the Mediterranean and South America, although its origin is in areas of Asia and Syria. Although the best-known part of this tree is the fruits that are extracted and are known as olives, the olive tree also has other parts that can be used, such as its leaves, which can be very beneficial for its long list of medicinal properties.
Among the properties of olive leaves, we find some that help us to lose weight naturally. we teach you How to Make Olive Leaves Tea to Lose Weight in a Healthy and simple.
How to Make Olive Leaves Tea to Lose Weight
Properties of the leaves of the olive tree to lose weight
Olive leaves can become an excellent natural remedy that helps you lose weight, as long as you accompany it with a healthy diet and an exercise routine. These are the slimming properties of the olive leaves:
- They have excellent diuretic properties, which will help reduce fluid retention and expel through the urine impurities and fats stored in the body. In addition, they can prevent urinary infections such as cystitis, which causes swelling in the abdominal area.
- It also contains laxative properties, making it an ideal natural remedy for those suffering from constipation. This property will help you lose weight as it will help you expel accumulated waste in the gut.
- The infusion of olive leaves also fights other digestive problems, which make it difficult for you to lose weight, such as heartburn or gas, thanks to its richness in tannins.
- Thanks to their richness in oleuropein, the olive leaves also have hypoglycemic properties that help reduce sugar levels and, consequently, lose weight.
- Finally, they have stimulating properties that naturally increase your energy levels and, therefore, speeds up metabolism and facilitates exercise routines.
Other medicinal properties of olive leaves
- They contain antioxidant properties, so they reduce and prevent aging of the skin.
- Its richness in vitamin E gives them properties that regulate levels of bad cholesterol and blood pressure.
- They also contain antiviral and antibacterial properties, so it is considered an effective natural remedy for treating respiratory diseases and boosting the immune system’s defenses.
- The richness in polyphenols and flavonoids in the olive leaves have anticancer properties, which prevent cell degeneration and, therefore, reduces the probability of the appearance of tumors.
- Finally, they have properties that protect the nervous system and help prevent degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
How to prepare an infusion of olive leaves to lose weight
Now that we know the different properties of the leaves of the olive tree to lose weight, it only remains to know how to prepare the infusion of these leaves. To do this, you must follow the following steps:
- First, if you have picked up the olive leaves, you should make sure they are free of pesticides that are used for growing. To do this, you can wash them with water and let them dry for a while.
- Once they are dry, take a bucket and throw at least 2 liters of water into it. Now, let the water heat up in the fire until it begins to boil.
- Before the water boils, you should pour 3 tablespoons of olive leaves into the water pan.
- The next step is to reduce the heat and allow the olive leaves to cook for 15 minutes over low heat.
- When time passes, turn off the heat and, with the help of a strainer, you must remove the olive leaves from the infusion and let it cool, as you get better results from the infusion.
To get better benefits from the infusion of olive leaves, you should take it 3 times a day(fasting, after eating and before bed) for two weeks in a row. Then you will have to leave a week of rest without taking this infusion and start again if you still want to lose more weight.
This article is purely informative, in ONE we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any kind of diagnosis. We invite you to go to a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
If you would like to read more articles similar to How to prepare tea from olive leaves to lose weight, we recommend you to enter our category of Family Health.